WELCOME

Share your story
Abugel

WELCOME

Post by Abugel » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Welcome to our new Forum board. Here you may bring up topics or questions regarding Depersonalization-Derealization Disorder. In the days ahead, we hope to post the hundreds of personal stories we have accumulated during the last 18 years, as well as art work, events, and news coverage of DDD around the world. Please be patient with us as we put it all together. In the meantime, feel free to join our Facebook group (Initiative for Depersonalization Studies).

Sarah

Re: WELCOME

Post by Sarah » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:43 pm

Hello and welcome, my name is Sarah, I'm 14 years old, and in my first year of high school at a rigorous program. Things are going pretty well in my life, except for one thing that I would prefer not to mention because it is especially traumatic. Anyways, after that, I had severe anxiety attacks and cried hysterically every night, up to the point where I shut off reality and pretended that things were not as they appeared to seem...and that just worsened everything. I felt like a stranger to myself and whenever I went to places felt like I wasn't living in the moment. But it was more than just not living in the moment. I literally felt like I didn't exist and everything I said or anyone else said was scripted, I didn't trust anyone, became extremely cynical about everything, felt like I had no emotional reaction. my parents tried therapists, psychologists, even an inpatient program, everything, but everyone diagnosed me with anxiety, depression, or OCD. I'm so glad that I have people to relate to that actually get me!
Thank you so much,
Sarah

sarah

Re: WELCOME

Post by sarah » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi, this is Sarah again, I officially have my new account :)