Salem

This is brilliant! All these people outside looking in, I’m gushing over. I’m 22, I do take a lot of drugs (I make no excuses). I didn’t realize there was a name for this feeling until I found this site.

To be perfectly honest I’ve been walking around in a kind of stunned haze these last few months, giggling at the possibility that while this mental, screwed-up existence rolls onward, my own vibrant thread of thought is being overwhelmed by the staggering impossibility of this world. I didn’t think that I had a mental illness when this first happened although I knew something had changed. I started questioning my own sanity, worried about the oppressive, unrelenting ‘realness’ of life until I came to a conclusion that this whole world is insane 🙂 

10% of the population lives in extreme wealth, the other 90% in extreme poverty. Where’s the sanity in that? Countries in Africa (I’m ashamed not to know which ones) have as much as 25% of the population infected with AIDS!  Jesus, these are real living people being infected with a fatal disease, unable to get the drugs they need because of the trade agreements made by the wealthy West (dats us folks) designed to keep the price of pharmaceutical products artificially high.

I have developed a survival tactic which I have to say has changed my life. For the first time in my life I think I have something bordering on happiness. My answer, for what its worth, is not to block it out. Dive into the world around you.  Let it intoxicate you with smells, sounds and sights. Its OK. There’s a subtle beauty around us that’s there for those who know where to look. Look at trees.  I love trees!  Drop a tiny seed into the ground, 100 years later (nothing, not even a blink in the timescale of this universe), you have a tree. Its roots have dived into the life-giving earth, its branches have burst upwards to collect the life-giving light. That’s amazing, I hope this comes across as what I’m trying to say, if I had more time to gather my thoughts this inner monologue might be better structured and hit home more clearly but the way it stands I’m pounding the keys, getting it out of me, soon I’ll send this message and I swear I’ll never come back to this site. Thanks to the people who’ve made contributions, I’m humbled by their honesty, they are all diamonds, to you whose reading this word here <-, you too are a diamond, a crazy flawed brilliant diamond, Shine on! 

Salem Pac

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email

More Stories

It was only a couple of days ago that I was reading some kind of a medical encyclopedia and was astonished to find out that what I suffered from at the age of 10-12 has a name. Reading through the stories posted here makes me feel both joy and sorrow, having discovered myself and putting
I am twenty-five and have been dealing, or attempting to deal with depersonalization for twenty years. I do not recall any of my time here on earth before age of four, so that time is irrelevant to me. I grew up in a dysfunctional environment, so it is my guess that depersonalization on my behalf
What a relief to find that there is a name for what I am experiencing and that I am not alone in this; although, I’d not wish this on anyone.  So here we are….all in this physical world but NOT! ….all in our little bubbles. Last night something happened that made me realize how bad my DP is
I’ve had episodes of DP over the past 8 years. The most disturbing one was the one triggered by weed. I’ve had Dp before I started smoking weed and now that I’ve had an awfull trip I think i better stay away from the drug.I think I’m figuring it out though. It’s NOT the ultimate reality, it’s
Familiar surroundings, become strange places. I could see my usual self-change. I become this person that I knew it wasn’t, me- all together a different persona. This person didn’t care about anything, and was fun to be with. This persona was Fearless, and everyone in school liked who ever this was. This feeling gave me
When I was born nearly 48 years ago I suffered from a birth defect known as Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). Due to a malformed diaphragm my stomach and intestines went up into my chest cavity and displaced my heart and lungs to the left hand side. I was a dark blue when I was delivered

Share your story